It's Got to Be Perfect: the memoirs of a modern-day matchmaker

It's Got to Be Perfect: the memoirs of a modern-day matchmaker - Haley Hill I loved Ellie. from the very first page I thought this is a girl I could be friends with. With the opening chapter consisting of a wedding fair followed by Ellie throwing her engagement ring in the gutter I knew I was in for some drama. I absolutely loved Ellie’s idea of starting a matchmaking service. I loved hearing her thoughts on who would be a good match for who and how they were getting on.

The book is in two parts the second part is 5 years after the first. It took me a few pages to realise this as there was no indication. I felt like a whole chunk of Ellie’s life flew by and we missed it. I was saddened by this as it would have been nice to see how her life had changed over these 5 years.

Mandi and Mia Ellie’s matchmaking assistants were great. Complete polar opposites, but this made it work. Both crashing against each other to meet somewhere in the middle.

Nick…hmmm what can I say about Nick. He’s hot and very determined but other than that I’m not sure. I do not feel like I know him well enough.

This was a great read. It was funny, romantic and addictive, however it would be great to have another book about the 5 years that were skipped. This is an example of chicklit at it’s best.